Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Defy by LJ Shen Review

In Defy, we get to dive into a taboo subject of teacher and student relationship. I first fell in love with the written work of L.J. Shen in Vicious. Now we get to see a different side to L.J. Shen writing capability. Even thou, Defy, is a novella readers gets a full story and Shen can do justice to Jaime & Melody’s story.

There is a lot of steam and hot moments that makes you question whether being bad has its benefit.

"It was wrong. It was wrong, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like how wrong it felt. Whether I was corrupting or being corrupted...I loved how it made me feel."

But unlike news media and social construct on the view of student and teacher relationship, readers can understand why it works for these two characters.

Melody and Jaime relationship begins by accident. However, as reader get in further into the story you can understand where each character is coming from. What began as an accidental encounter, ends up being what they were both searching for.


No comments:

Post a Comment