Friday, December 13, 2019

Book Review: Heidi McLaughlin "Hawk (The Boys Of Summer #4)


Hawk (The Boys of Summer #4)
by Heidi McLaughlin


Purchase Link:

First of all, Heidi. . . wow . . . how to do you keep surpassing my already high expectations?

I loved this book. I have read her previous work but this one was definitely in my top 5 favorite. 

Hawk is on leave due to an injury. He goes to his hometown for rehabilitation and there he has to face many surprises from family and friends alike. However, his love for baseball will help him find what has been missing in his life. 

Back in his hometown, Hawk meets Bellamy. Bell is a mom that will do anything to see her son happy. Bellamy is starting over with him. She wants him to play baseball however, due to some bullies (both parents and kids alike) who will do anything from allowing them to play. 

Nevertheless, with the help of Hawk, these outcast young players may just have a change to fix the corrupted system of little league baseball. And who knows he might just walk away with the girl too?

I must say that the kids were an added bonus that made this story so rich of entertainment. LOL. I loved Matty and the kind of girl she is. 

I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end and I loved to see how things develop between out two main characters, Hawk and Bell.

It can be safely read as a standalone. Told in a dual POV with an amazing HEA. I strongly recommend this story. 

*I voluntarily read and review and Advance Reader Copy of this book  provided by Buoni Amici Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment