Saturday, July 4, 2020

Book Review: Bella Di Corte "Machiavellian"


Bella Di Corte is a new to me author whose debut novel is Machiavellian. I'm not a reader for the mafia genre. However, I can say that I'm happy that I gave this book a chance. I truly enjoyed this mafia romance!

First thing first, what made me gravitate toward this novel was the cover! That cover is hot. Like the saying goes "never judge a book based on the cover", however, when dealing with a new author, I judge based on the cover. But Bella Di Corte, made an excellent job of attracting my attention both based on the cover and blurb.


Mariposa is a homeless butterfly girl needing a break. Her big break comes in the form of Alpha male Mr. Capo. Capo is a ghost who has vengeance in his mind. Readers are able to connect with the prime characters. They are both relatable to readers.
"Scars don't bother me. They only mean I've earned my place in this world." ― Capo
Bella Di Corte created two amazing characters whose love is palpable throughout the pages. Both Mari and Capo flourished throughout the storyline. 
"Something moved between us, and I wasn't sure what it was. . .It consumed me like the most beautiful ocean, and then wrote his initials on my soul." ― Mariposa
This book was romantic, suspenseful, and emotional at times. A well paced plot-driven story with very enjoyable characters. I look forward to the next book in the Gangsters of New York series.

***I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions & Bella Di Corte.***

No comments:

Post a Comment