Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Book Review: J.T. Geissinger "Beautifully Cruel"

Holy Sh*t!!! 
Definitely a must read for 2020!!

Beautiful Cruel is a brand new stand alone romance by J.T. Geissinger. This book took me by surprise. I had a good idea going in about the story line but bravo to J.T. Geissinger able to add a component of element of surprise. Wow! I devoured this book within 24 hours of receiving it. I loved it. 💗💗💗

Truvy (Tru) Sullivan is twenty four year old. She's in her final year at law school in Boston and works as a waitress at Buddy's Diner. For eleven months the man in black whom Tru has nicknamed The Wolf, has been coming in to the diner. He sits and drinks a cup of coffee while staring at her, then he leaves. Tru has no idea who he is or why he keeps coming in why he keeps coming in, why he never talks to her. But then, he saves her. She had no idea who he was. But in his arms, she somehow just knew she was safe. 

"You can curse all you want, wolfie. 
It does nothing to change the fact that I trust you."
― Tru, Beautifully Cruel

There is only one word to describe this book, ADDICTIVE! I couldn't get enough of Liam Black and all of his broody sex appeal. It definitely made me want to find my very own wolf. Liam Black is the epitome of alpha male like no other. Move over Christian Grey, there is a new hottie in town.  

"How deeply satisfying it feels to protect her.
No, more than satisfying―fulfilling.
As if it were the thing I was born to do."
― Liam, Beautiful Cruel

I appreciate J.T. Geissinger ability to create a such a female heroine like Tru. She is one fierce cookie, that has a "take no prisoners" mentality. Get it gurl! And honestly, Tru may easily be one of my favorite heroine to date and trust me that is saying something. There is just something to be said for a woman that's shy but has a sharp tongue, ball busting attitude. 

"I don't know what kind of women you're used to, 
but my mother didn't raise a worker bee.
She raised a queen." 
I stare at him without smiling. 
"And I don't give away the honey for free."
―Tru, Beautifully Cruel

Don't just take my word, trust and take a leap with this one. You won't be disappointed. 

***I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by Social Butterfly PR and J.T. Geissinger.***

No comments:

Post a Comment