Sunday, May 24, 2020

Book Review: S.L. Scott "We Were Once"

This second chance romance. . .no scratch that. . .this story is about first love.  It's friends to lovers. Enemies to lovers. A truly raw and real and filled with pure honesty.

A book created with a rollercoaster of emotions. At times, I found myself laughing and, other points, I was crying hysterically. The happy and the heartbreak truly made this storyline a special one. Definitely, a rollercoaster in the best possible way.
"You're more than I could have asked for. The other half of my heart that I've been missing." ― Joshua 
Our male protagonist, Joshua was a spectacular character. His feelings for Chloe ran deeply. He showed her the light of life and all the possibilities within her reach. 
"I never saw love coming, but I feel it sweeping in like a summer thunderstorm - the dewy scent, the change in the air. I want to dance in his rain, to become one with this man. Laugh. Love." ― Chloe
Chloe's perfect life was planned before she even knew. A cruel father wanting his daughter to become a doctor like himself. But once Chloe came face-to-face with Joshua. . .everything changed!

We Were Once have woven a place in my heart forever. Such a beautiful love story, heartwarming and heartbreaking, full of emotions, romance and angst.

*** I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by S.L. Scott. *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment